Type: Full-time Contract (2-year contract with possibility of renewal)
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Hybrid working – in office & remotely)
Salary: $75,000 – $80,000
Closing Date: 5:00 PM Friday, September 16, 2022
b current Performing Arts is the hotbed for culturally rooted theatre development in Toronto. Originally founded as a place for Black artists to create, nurture, and present their new works, the company has grown to support artists from all diasporas. Over three decades, they have created space for intersectional voices to be heard, always with a focus on engaging the communities from which their stories emerge. Since its inception in 1991, b current has developed scores of internationally celebrated artists and their works, with a focus always on engaging the community and creating space for diverse voices to be heard.
The Board of b current Performing Arts is seeking a visionary, passionate and administratively focused Executive Director to lead the organization into a future where it continues to grow and flourish. The Executive Director is responsible for a range of operational and administrative matters, including the human resources (managing the staff team) and financial management of the organization, developing and operationalizing short and long-term financial goals and strategic objectives, implementing programming, leading the team of staff, contractors, and volunteers, as well as acting as an ambassador for the organization building relationships that further the organization’s mission.
Candidates must have at least 4 years of leadership experience (including HR Management with staff, contractors and volunteers), demonstrated experience in fundraising, preparing grant applications as well as experience with supporting strong governance through a board of directors. You will also have experience and an understanding of the performance arts industry on an international level.
Candidates also must hold one relevant post-secondary degree in a field such as arts, communications, business or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please email email@example.com to request an information pack, full job description and person specification
Closing Date: 5:00 PM Friday, September 16, 2022
First Round Interview Date: Week of September 26, 2022
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Hourly pay: $18.00 /hour
Job Type: 15 weeks contract
Location: Office in Toronto, ON - Hybrid work (In office & remotely)
Start date: October 1, 2022.
ABOUT b current
b current Performing Arts splashed onto the scene in 1991, when ahdri zhina mandiela founded the company in Toronto. Since inception, b current has developed scores of internationally celebrated artists and their works, with a focus always on engaging the community and creating space for diverse voices to be heard.
We are a hotbed for culturally rooted theatre development in Toronto. Originally founded as a place for Black artists to create, nurture, and present their new works, our company has grown to support artists from all diasporas. Over three decades, we have created space for intersectional voices to be heard, always with a focus on engaging the communities from which our stories emerge. As a result, these communities trust our company and respect the work that we do. Whether our audiences identify with our work through ethnic experience, social values, or political awareness, these groups are loyal to our programming because they recognize the high level of cultural authenticity and integrity we foster in our artists and their works. We develop new and old works by intersectional artists with specific emphasis radical content and form. We produce daring theatre creations and since inception, we’ve mounted over a dozen main stage plays and 100+ other public performances.
The organization is looking for a passionate, hardworking, and focused Operations Assistant to support the organization into a future where it continues to grow and flourish.
· Prepare mailings.
· Prepare emails for Administration.
· Assist in the preparation of templates, materials, and reports.
· Assist with routine communications.
· Develop and maintain systems for tracking projects, tasks, and activities.
· Provide ad hoc administrative support to Administration as required.
· Coordinate Executive Director’s calendar and monitor inbox, proactively bring forward issues or items that need attention.
· Inventorying and organizing Theatre Equipment.
· Other administration duties as required.
· Debrief client and donor meetings with Executive Director and provide administrative support for recording information, decisions, and action items.
· Create professional and visually impressive presentations that convey information clearly and persuasively using content provided by the Communications Specialist.
· Monitor donor voicemails and prepare communications for resolution.
· Assist with the operation of the production office.
· Assisting across all areas of producing live theatre, or theatre for digital audiences (ie: scheduling rehearsals, event organization, communications with artists)
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, AND VALUES
· Strong communicator (written and verbal) in English.
· Understanding of marketing, social media, communications, and branding to ensure internal and external communications are clear and relevant and useful.
· Self-motivated and able to take initiative as well as able to work collaboratively.
· Strategic thinker able to see the big picture but also detail-oriented.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple and conflicting deadlines.
· Values diversity and willing to continually work to create an equitable and inclusive environment for the organization both internally (staff, board) and externally (amongst members, at organizational events).
· Demonstrates a passion for the arts.
Minimum of one relevant post-secondary degree such as arts, communications, or business or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Interested and qualified applicants should send a 2-page resume and cover letter, in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th, 2022 at 5 PM EST. Please include “Operations Assistant 2022” in the subject line. b current is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
If you require access solutions to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com . We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.